Fire Rescue saves decades-old wooden home
January 02, 2013, 5:00 pm by Alexandria Randolph
No injuries were reported at a structure fire within a decades-old home near Lakeside Park on Wednesday morning.
Marble Falls Fire Rescue responded to a call for smoke at 118 South Avenue H at about 9 a.m. on Wednesday morning, where according to Fire Rescue Captain Russell Daniell, a home faced a fire in the attic and kitchen area.
Marble Falls Area Volunteer Fire Department, Horseshoe Bay Fire Department, Cottonwood Shores Volunteer Fire Department and Marble Falls Police and EMS also responded to the scene.
Russell said that the fire started in the attic above the kitchen, where it is believed that spit wires were overloaded and caught the insulation on fire.
"There is moderate fire damage (to the home),” he said. "We had to pull down the ceiling in the kitchen to get to the flame, and now we’re just removing the insulation to make sure that it doesn’t reignite later today.”
Daniell said that the wooden home could have easily become
engulfed if not for the quick response of firefighters. The family residing in
the home were not harmed, and are currently being assisted by Marble Falls
Police, who are contacting the American Red Cross, he said.
For more on this story, see Friday's Highlander.
|©2013 The Highlander. All rights reserved. All items contained on this site are property of the The Highlander.
P.O. Box 1000, Marble Falls, Texas 78654 - Phone: (830) 693-4367