Family loses possessions in MF home fire Friday

 

 

Contributed by Marble Falls Fire Rescue
First responders battled blaze at 1603 Johnson Street Friday night, Aug. 22.

by Alexandria Randolph

An electrical shortage is being blamed for a blaze that turned a Marble Falls residence at 1603 Johnson Street into a “total loss,” leaving a local family without most of their possessions Friday night, Aug. 22.

“It looks like it was some type of electrical short behind the house,” said Marble Falls Fire Chief Johnny Caraway. “It went up so quick we were unable to keep up with it.”

He and emergency personnel with Marble Falls Fire Rescue arrived on the scene at 10:30 p.m. and engaged in a three-hour struggle to get the fire under control.

Caraway said the five occupants in the house made it out safely, and said they saw the fire start near the electrical panels.

The blaze caught a propane tank resting in the lawn and quickly erupted, starting a half-acre grass fire.

For the full story, see Tuesday's Highlander.

Rate this article: 
No votes yet