Wenmohs Place

Thu
30
Mar

House fire under investigation in Horseshoe Bay

An unoccupied house under renovation caught fire Thursday evening in Horseshoe Bay West.
Horseshoe Bay Fire Chief Joe Morris said his department received a call at approximately 5 p.m. Thursday of a fire at  211 Wenmohs Place. The fire apparently started in the attic of the home, which was being renovated and was fortunately unoccupied.
Firefighters from Horseshoe Bay, Marble Falls, Granite Shoals and Cottonwood Shores battled the blaze. Several firefighters entered the home to attack the fire and when debris started falling from the ceiling, Morris evacuated the house. One responder had to receive aid from EMS, but quickly recovered and went back to the fire again.
They were able to contain the fire but crews were still on scene as of 9 p.m. Thursday. Pedernales Electric Cooperative was able to cut power to the building to assist.
The blaze is still under investigation.

Subscribe to RSS - Wenmohs Place